New Hope Uganda Video


Colorado Weber's

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Show me your faith

This morning as I spent time with God, several verses came to mind. The first was James 2:18 where James challenges us and says "show me your faith without any works, and I will show you my faith by my works". The second verse was from I John 3:18 where John say "let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth". I guess what hit me is the idea that God wants us to walk out our faith in a practical and real way. It's not just believing, believing in His calling for your life, but in our walking with him, walking in faith, taking those steps. Trusting, moving, acting on what he wants, His plans. That is where I am at. God desires obedience over sacrifice (although sometimes He asks for both). As he calls us into His bigger story, we need to take action steps of faith, to meet God where he is at. We truly want to be about what God is doing. This is where the action is, where one can find the abundant life that God promises.

Tom

No comments:

Our Playlist