New Hope Uganda Video


Colorado Weber's

Monday, August 18, 2008

Come, Follow Me - Jesus

I am feeling heavy today as I contemplate leaving family and loved ones when we depart for Uganda, but I trust Jesus, I trust his goodness and his plan for us. He loves my family and my friends more than I could, and I trust them to him. This will be the hard part of this journey, but we must walk with Jesus because we want to walk in obedience to his call on our lives.

In Matt 10:37 Jesus said, "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

This is hard teaching. Jesus wants everything and He isn't afraid to ask. The thing I love about Jesus is he lets us choose. He loves us so much and he wants us to love him with everything, but he leaves it all up to us. The cost is high when following the Creator, but walking in step with him is worth laying down our lives. Picking up our cross doesn't seem so heavy when you have the Savior bearing most of the weight. He just wants us to decide to pick it up, then he does the hard part.

Jen

2 comments:

Jesusfreak said...

mommy,
I am going to miss our family too, but we have to rememer that even if we leave that they will always be our family, and it's not as if we will never see them again. We also have to remember that we have our family (As in us Webers) and our church family too.
I will pray for God to comfort you as you feel heavy today.
Love you so so much!
Kate

Carpenter Creek Canines said...

HEY!!! We're NOT going ANYWHERE!!!! I may not be "blood", but you're the best "spiritual" sister I've ever had!!! We are all going to get through this together, my friend.

Praying for you to feel "lighter" and to rest in Jesus.

Love ya,
Jen

Our Playlist